Information technology is the backbone of most companies and hence IT risks and controls must be managed properly. SATTRIX Solutions’ professional consultants have experience working within a diverse range of industries and are experts in applying the proper IT controls framework to meet the IT auditing needs of your organization.
SATTRIX provides customers with security audits that include detailed reviews from a security perspective of your facilities, processes, policies, hardware, software, network and resources.
Prior to and during the audit, our experts work closely with your organization to develop a service plan and calendar. This includes engagement planning meetings and frequent client communications intended to produce an efficient and cost-effective audit while minimizing disruption of their daily routine.
Our IT consultants have developed an extensive knowledge base that provides our clients with industry best practices. We have conducted numerous audit engagements, from departmental audits that incorporate people, processes and technologies, to more formal SAS-70 and SOX audits.
Regardless of business requirement, budget and desire for high-security, we have the skills and experience to meet your needs for enterprise-class network security at a price you can afford.
SATTRIX’s vulnerability assessment services evaluate the strength of its clients' defenses against the attacks that are most likely to be used by actual attackers. We provide clients with actionable recommendations. All findings are rated based upon their risk, the probability of exploitation and the potential business impact. This allows clients to focus on addressing issues that matter the most. VA can be configured to run tests configuring compliance policy of standards like IT Technology Act, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and HIPPA.
The security assessment is conducted to determine the degree to which information system security controls are correctly implemented, whether they are operating as intended, and whether they are producing the desired level of security. A vulnerability assessment is then conducted to determine the weaknesses inherent in the information systems that could be exploited leading to information system breach.
Time and again it has been established that organizations are forced to spend millions of dollars to recover from a security breach because of lost opportunities & remediation efforts.
In Penetration testing or Pen-Testing we conduct a series of activities, which help you identify and exploit security vulnerabilities. It gives you clear picture of the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the security measures that have been implemented.
It subjects systems to real life security tests. The benefit of penetration testing is to reach beyond a vulnerability scan test and discover different weaknesses and perform a much more detailed analysis. The organization opting for Penetration testing will get detailed information on the actual as well as exploitable security threats and identification of existing and potential vulnerabilities quickly and accurately.
Vulnerability Assessment Features
- Identify essential information functions
- Identify information systems to implementing the essential functions
- Identify vulnerabilities of the essential systems
- Identify security techniques to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Select and apply techniques based on constraints, costs, and benefits
- Test the techniques applied for robustness and actual feasibilities under threat
- Vulnerabilities reported in this exercise are matched to vulnerability dictionary called
- CVE for calculation of risk factor
Penetration Testing Features
- Network services test
- Web application test
- Wireless security test
- Client-side test
- Remote dial-up war dial
- Adoption of modern technologies to better reflect the true nature of the threat
- Testing with an artificial intelligence based system
With enterprises under attack from malicious sources, a superior code review is of paramount importance for maintaining competitiveness. Code review and code analysis enables your developers to identify, review & eliminate vulnerabilities before the application goes live and helps software purchasers identify flaws in the application before purchasing. In order to sustain in today’s highly competitive market you need to develop safer code which can boost productivity, reduce costs & protect your data.
A small coding error can result in a critical vulnerability resulting in compromising the security of an entire system or network. Most of the times, it is not a single error that triggers vulnerability but a sequence of errors that occur during the development cycle.
During application code reviews, our specialists work with your internal developers to improve the development process and deliver a more secure product. SATTRIX conducts detailed inspections of application source code and assesses the vulnerability of the tools and commercial applications used to create and run the front and back-end services. We have extensive experience reviewing applications developed in a variety of environments.
Today in this global world risks are increasing in both quantity and complexity. There are risks in operations, processes, human relations and other areas which affect the overall output of an organization. Risk Management provides advice and assistance to identify, improve and manage risks to achieve compliance with Security Standards with cost effectiveness and efficiency.
In Risk Management risks are tabulated either through a survey, interaction among stakeholders or comparing with industry standards. Risks are then categorized, and graded as high, medium, low or assigned values on a scale of 1 to 10. Appropriate action is taken after aggregating and considering all factors mainly financial and practical.
SATTRIX proposes risk mitigation methods, and provides analysis for selecting controls and measuring control effectiveness.
It covers the requirements for a risk-based audit and the steps necessary before, during and after an audit in a cost effective manner.
Application code review/testing Features
- Input Validation (SQL injection, Insecure Automatic Data Inclusion, Command Re-direction etc.)
- Improper Buffer Checking
- Dynamic Content Creation Issues
- Improper Cryptography
- Secure Code Signing
- Unexpected Failure Conditions
- Unintended Operation
RISK BASED AUDIT Features
- Identify, characterize, and assess threats
- Assess the vulnerability of critical assets to specific threats
- Determine the risk (i.e. the expected consequences of specific types of attacks on specific assets)
- Identify ways to reduce those risks
- Prioritize risk reduction measures based on a strategy
- Priortize the exposures that present the greatest risk
- Identify the stregths and weakness of current security practies
SATTRIX provides support, advice and assurance to helps manage regulatory risks for all organizations engaged in activities that are under regulatory control. In an ever-changing regulatory environment, we help ensure that you identify, manage and control any existing and future regulatory risks. A proactive rather than a monitoring approach to regulation is now a full-time strategic business activity.
Our team consists of experienced regulatory risk specialists who not only know the rules but have also implemented and assessed compliance against them. Our people can help you at the strategic level by maximizing any competitive advantages from regulation, through to the operational level by minimizing the costs and disruptions to your business, freeing up management time in the process
Today Governance of an organization by IT is increasing and as such Compliance with ISO Standards, International and National Laws and other relevant industry standards the organization is operating in is mandatory. Some of them are ISO 27001, 20000, BS 25999. Like for Financial companies in US is SOX, in India RBI Guidelines, SEBI clause 49, for Credit Card Companies-PCI DSS.
SATTRIX helps organizations identify, assess and mitigate compliance related risk
What, precisely, is examined in a compliance audit will vary depending upon whether an organization is a public or private company, what kind of data it handles and if it transmits or stores sensitive financial data. For instance, SOX requirements mean that any electronic communication must be backed up and secured with reasonable disaster recovery infrastructure.
REGULATORY AUDIT Features
- Assessment of current and future regulatory risk profile and impact of new regulations)
- Effectiveness reviews of current compliance departments
- Developing and implementing a risk-based compliance control framework and monitoring program
- Helping to increase the profile of regulation and an appropriate compliance culture within your business
- Evaluation of strategic implications of new regulations and integration into business model
- Advice and assistance with regulatory relations and in meeting regulatory standards and expectations
- Assistance and support in dealing with regulatory enforcement actions and remediation exercises - getting your business back on an even keel quickly
COMPLIANCE AUDIT Features
- Skilled and specialized resources for specific area of audit
- Flexible contract to manage the compliance
- 24x7 monitoring to maintain security posture of the organization
- Process driven methodology with security intelligence feed
- Structure controls and risk analysis
- Unified measurement and testing procedures
- Streamline infrastructure to reduce burden of multiple audits
- Correlation of disparate standards and regulations
- Promote best practice and culture of compliance
- Provides opportunity for early intervention